Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

Oh Fall, How I wish thee would come...

Well the weather started to cool, at least for a couple of days.  I feel hot and sticky today, which is in no way fall like.  I am ready for the cool fall breezes, the changing leaves, and the pumpkin recipes.  I thought I would grow my own pumpkins this year, but between the bugs and the heat my pumpkins have not grown.  I love taking a nice small pie pumpkin and cutting it in half, seeding it, and placing it in a pan to roast in the oven just like I would a butternut squash.  I use that roasted pumpkin to puree and make into my homemade pumpkin pies!  I think this year I might experiment with the pumkin to see what I can come up with.  I love pumpkin flavor in soup, cake, and pies.  Who knows what I can find! 

I have to share a product with you!  Kraft sent me a coupon to try their new Homestyle Macaroni & Cheese Dinner!  It tastes just like old fashioned, homemade mac-n-cheese!  I am not a big fan of the boxed stuff with the powder, fake tasting cheese-but this stuff is AWSOME!  I suggest anyone who likes mac-n-cheese to try some of this!  Go here to find out more!  http://www.kraftbrands.com/macandcheese/products/homestyle/pages/cheddar.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment